YIELD Makes about 3 dozen
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|3/4||cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water|
|1/2||cup very finely chopped napa cabbage|
|8||ounces lean ground pork|
|2||tablespoons finely chopped water chestnuts|
|1||green onion with top, finely chopped|
|1‑1/2||teaspoons soy sauce|
|1‑1/2||teaspoons dry sherry|
|1/2||teaspoon minced fresh ginger|
|1/2||teaspoon dark sesame oil|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil, divided|
|2/3||cup chicken broth, divided|
|Soy sauce, vinegar and chili oil|
- Place flour in large bowl; make well in center. Pour in boiling water; stir with wooden spoon until mixture forms dough.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough until smooth and satiny, about 5 minutes. Cover dough; let rest 30 minutes.
- For filling, squeeze cabbage to remove as much moisture as possible; place in large bowl. Add pork, water chestnuts, onion, cornstarch, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, sesame oil and sugar; mix well.
- Divide dough into two equal portions; cover one portion with plastic wrap or clean towel while working with other portion. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out 3-inch circles with round cookie cutter or top of clean empty can.
- Place 1 rounded teaspoon filling in center of each dough circle.
- To shape each pot sticker, lightly moisten edges of one dough circle with water; fold in half.
- Starting at one end, pinch curled edges together making four pleats along edge; set dumpling down firmly, seam side up. Cover finished dumplings while shaping remaining dumplings. (Cook dumplings immediately, refrigerate for up to 4 hours or freeze in resealable bag.)
- To cook dumplings, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 1/2 of pot stickers in skillet, seam side up. (If cooking frozen dumplings, do not thaw.) Cook until bottoms are golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour in 1/3 cup chicken broth; cover tightly. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes (15 minutes if frozen). Repeat with remaining vegetable oil, dumplings and chicken broth.
- Place pot stickers, browned side up, on serving platter. Serve with soy sauce, vinegar and chili oil for dipping.
Anyone can cook. Take this to heart the next time you embark of trying to cook authentic French cuisine. Read our recipes to find out everything you need to know.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.