Potato Latke Sandwich the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Potato Latke Sandwich
Makes 4 servings
|4||cups refrigerated or frozen shredded potatoes, thawed|
|3/4||cup pasteurized egg whites|
|1||teaspoon black pepper|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|1/4||cup (2 ounces) fat-free cream cheese|
|1/4||cup chopped green onions|
|3||tablespoons bacon bits|
|4||tablespoons unsweetened applesauce|
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix potatoes, egg whites and pepper in medium bowl.
- Form mixture into 8 patties (1/2 cup each) and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven, spray patty surfaces, and turn to cook other side. Bake 6 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Blend fat-free cream cheese, onions, and bacon bits in small bowl until creamy.
- Spread 4 cooled potato patties with 2 tablespoons cream cheese spread and 2 tablespoons applesauce; top with remaining potato patties.
|Serving Size:||2 latkes and 2 tablespoons toppings|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Calories from Fat||16 %|
Check out more recipes for Casseroles & Dishes