Praline Pumpkin Tart
Makes 8 servings
|1-1/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||tablespoon granulated sugar|
|3/4||teaspoon salt, divided|
|3||to 4 tablespoons cold water|
|1||can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin|
|1||can (12 ounces) evaporated milk|
|2/3||cup packed brown sugar|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1/4||teaspoon ground cloves|
|Sweetened Whipped Cream|
|Additional cinnamon and pecans halves for garnish|
- For crust, combine flour, granulated sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in large bowl. Cut in shortening and butter using pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture forms pea-sized pieces.
- Sprinkle flour mixture with water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Toss with fork until mixture holds together. Shape into ball. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom or 1-1/2 inches larger than inverted 9-inch pie plate. Transfer dough to tart pan or pie plate; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pierce crust with tines of fork at 1/4-inch intervals. Line tart pan with foil; fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or ceramic pie weights.
- Bake 10 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; gently remove foil lining and beans. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes or until very light brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For filling, beat pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, ginger and cloves in large bowl with electric mixer at low speed. Pour into cooled tart crust. Bake 35 minutes.
- Prepare Praline Topping. Sprinkle topping over center of tart, leaving 1-1/2-inch rim around edge of tart. Bake 15 minutes more or until knife inserted 1 inch from center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Prepare Sweetened Whipped Cream and pipe decoratively around edge of pie. Sprinkle additional cinnamon over whipped cream. Garnish with pecan halves.
Check out more recipes for Pies & Tarts