Makes about 1-1/2 dozen cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|Orange and blue or purple food colorings|
|1||tablespoon colored sprinkles|
- Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Combine 1/6 of dough, orange food coloring and sprinkles in small bowl; beat until well blended. Shape into 7-1/2-inch-long log. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Combine remaining 5/6 of dough and blue food coloring in large bowl; beat until well blended. Shape dough into disc. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Roll out blue dough between sheets of waxed paper into 7-1/2X6-inch rectangle. Remove top sheet of waxed paper. Place orange log in center of blue rectangle. Fold blue edges up and around orange log; press seam together. Roll gently to form smooth log. Wrap waxed paper around dough; twist ends to secure. Freeze log 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Cut log into 1/4-inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Using 2-1/2-inch flower-shaped cookie cutter, cut slices into flowers; remove and discard dough scraps.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Check out more recipes for Butter & Sugar