Quick Chicken Pot Pie
Makes 4 servings
|1||pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|1||can (about 14 ounces) chicken broth|
|3||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|2||tablespoons butter, softened|
|1||package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed|
|1||can (about 4 ounces) button mushrooms, drained|
|1/4||teaspoon dried basil|
|1/4||teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/4||teaspoon dried thyme|
|1||cup biscuit baking mix|
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place chicken and broth in large skillet; cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- While chicken is cooking, mix flour and butter; set aside. Combine mixed vegetables, mushrooms, basil, oregano and thyme in greased 2-quart casserole.
- Add flour mixture to chicken and broth in skillet; stir with wire whisk until smooth. Cook and stir until thickened. Add to vegetable mixture; mix well.
- Blend biscuit mix and milk in medium bowl until smooth. Drop 4 scoops batter onto chicken mixture.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are browned and casserole is hot and bubbly.
This dish can be prepared through step 3 covered and refrigerated up to 24 hours, if desired, proceed with step 4. Bake as directed for 20 to 25 minutes.
|Total Fat||19 g|
Check out more recipes for Chicken