Makes 2 servings
|1/2||sheet frozen puff pastry from 17.3-ounce package, cut crosswise|
|4||teaspoons seedless raspberry jam|
|1/4||cup powdered sugar|
|1-1/4||teaspoons milk or water|
|1||ounce (1/3 of 3-ounce package) cream cheese, room temperature|
|1||tablespoon light brown sugar|
|1||tablespoon whipping cream|
|24||raspberries (about 3 ounces)*|
*If fresh raspberries are unavailable, substitute 8 strawberries cut into quarters.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- For puff pastry, place sheet on lightly floured surface. Cut in half, then cut each piece into thirds, cutting along fold from package. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes until puffed and golden. Place waxed paper under cooling rack. Transfer puff pastry pieces to rack, separating them as much as possible, and cool.
- Spread 1 teaspoon jam over each of 4 pieces of puff pastry.
- For icing, mix powdered sugar and milk in small bowl until thick and smooth. To make pastry top, pour icing onto smooth side of remaining two puff pastry pieces, and spread evenly. Let icing dry.
- For filling, beat cream cheese in small bowl until smooth. Add brown sugar, and beat until smooth. Beat whipping cream with mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream.
- To assemble, spread two puff pastry pieces, jam-side-up, with 1/4 of cream cheese mixture. Add second puff pastry layer, jam-side-up, and spread each with 1/2 of remaining cream cheese mixture. Top with iced puff pastry piece and garnish with raspberries. Serve extra filling on side.
To ensure pastries stay crisp, assemble them as close to serving as possible.
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Calories from Fat||40 %|
Check out more recipes for French