Raspberry-Orange Trifle with White Chocolate Custard
Makes 8 to 10 servings
|1||package (16 ounces) pound cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix|
|1-1/2||teaspoons orange extract|
|1||package (4-serving size) white chocolate instant pudding mix, plus ingredients to prepare pudding|
|1||cup cold milk|
|1||cup red raspberry preserves or jam|
|Red raspberries, kiwi slices or peach slices|
|Blanched slivered almonds (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9X5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Prepare pound cake according to package directions; stir in orange extract. Bake in prepared pan according to package directions. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan to wire rack; cool completely.
- Trim off browned bottom, edges and top; discard. Cut cake into 1-inch cubes. Place cake cubes in large bowl; sprinkle with sherry. Set aside. Combine pudding mix and milk in medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, place raspberry preserves in microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 5 to 10 seconds or just until preserves can be stirred into a sauce.
- Layer cake cubes, raspberry sauce, pudding and fruit in martini glasses or dessert dishes. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with almonds, if desired.
Trifle may be served immediately; however, flavors will develop and be more pronounced if dessert is prepared at least 2 hours before serving.
Layer cake cubes, sauce, pudding and fruit in large glass serving bowl; top with whipped cream and almonds, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Custards & Puddings