Rocky Road Sandwiches
Makes about 1-1/2 dozen sandwich cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough|
|1/4||cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1||cup marshmallow creme|
|6||ounces (2/3 cup) cream cheese, softened|
|1||cup finely chopped nuts|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Remove dough from wrapper; place in large bowl. Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Add cocoa to dough in bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set and no longer shiny. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- For filling, combine marshmallow creme and cream cheese in medium bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Place 1 tablespoon filling on flat side of cookie. Top with second cookie; press down to allow filling to squeeze out slightly between cookies. Roll filled edge in chopped nuts. Repeat with remaining cookies, filling and nuts.
Check out more recipes for Chocolate