Makes 8 to 10 servings
|2||to 3 stalks broccoli|
|1||can (6 ounces) small pitted ripe olives, drained|
|10||to 12 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves|
|1/2||medium red onion, thinly sliced|
|1/2||cup Italian salad dressing|
|1||to 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
|Carrot strips for garnish|
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in colander. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Trim and peel broccoli stalks into 1-inch pieces. Cut broccoli into florets.
- To cook broccoli, bring 1 quart lightly salted water to a boil in 2-quart saucepan over high heat. Immediately add broccoli; return to a boil. Continue boiling, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes until bright green and tender. Drain broccoli; rinse under cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Combine pasta, broccoli, olives, tomatoes, onion and salad dressing in large bowl. Stir in cheese. Season to taste with pepper. Toss gently to coat.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours. Garnish with carrot strips.
Check out more recipes for Italian