Makes about 20 to 24 sandwich cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated cookie dough, any flavor|
|All-purpose flour as needed|
|Any combination of colored frostings, peanut butter or assorted ice creams for filling|
|Colored sprinkles, chocolate-covered raisins, miniature candy-coated chocolate pieces and other assorted small candies for decoration|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Remove dough from wrapper according to package directions. Cut dough into 4 equal sections. Reserve 1 section; refrigerate remaining 3 sections.
- Roll reserved dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle with flour to minimize sticking, if necessary.
- Cut out cookies using 3/4-inch round or fluted cookie cutter. Transfer cookies to prepared cookie sheets, placing about 2 inches apart. Repeat steps with remaining dough.
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- To make sandwich, spread about 1 tablespoon desired filling on flat side of 1 cookie to within 1/4 inch of edge. Top with second cookie, pressing gently. Roll side of sandwich in desired decorations. Repeat with remaining cookies.
Be creative–make sandwich cookies using 2 or more flavors of refrigerated cookie dough. Mix and match to see how many flavor combinations you can come up with.
Check out more recipes for Butter & Sugar