YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||pound beef tenderloin steaks|
|5||tablespoons water, divided|
|3‑1/2||teaspoons soy sauce, divided|
|2||teaspoons dark sesame oil|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1||medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1||tablespoon dry sherry|
|1||tablespoon prepared satay sauce|
|1||teaspoon curry powder|
|Fresh chervil and carrot flowers** for garnish|
- Cut meat crosswise into thin slices; flatten each slice by pressing with fingers.
- Combine cornstarch, 3 tablespoons water, 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce and sesame oil; mix well. Add to meat in medium bowl; stir to coat well. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add half of meat, spreading out slices so they don't overlap.
- Cook meat slices 2 to 3 minutes on each side or just until lightly browned. Remove from wok; set aside. Repeat with remaining meat slices.
- Add onion and garlic to wok; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons water, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, sherry, satay sauce, curry powder and sugar in small cup. Add to wok; cook and stir until liquid boils. Return meat to wok; cook and stir until heated. Garnish, if desired.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.
Learn how to cook authentic Asian cuisine with our recipes from all of the major regions in Asia, including Korea, Japan and Malaysia.