YIELD Makes 5 servings
|1||boneless beef rump roast (1-1/4 pounds)|
|3||cups baby carrots|
|1‑1/2||cups fresh or frozen pearl onions|
|1/2||cup red wine vinegar|
|1/2||teaspoon dry mustard|
|1/2||teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning|
|1/4||teaspoon ground cloves|
|1/4||cup crushed crisp gingersnap cookies (5 cookies)|
Slow Cooker Directions
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Brown roast on all sides. Place roast, carrots, onions and raisins in slow cooker.
- Combine water, vinegar, honey, salt, mustard, garlic-pepper seasoning and cloves in large bowl; mix well. Pour mixture over meat and vegetables in slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours or until internal temperature reaches 145°F when tested with meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast.
- Transfer roast to cutting board; cover with foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. (Internal temperature will continue to rise 5° to 10°F during stand time.)
- Remove vegetables from slow cooker with slotted spoon to bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Increase slow cooker temperature to HIGH. Stir crushed cookies into sauce mixture in slow cooker. Cover; cook on HIGH 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve meat and vegetables with sauce.
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Calories from Fat||26 %|
Learn how to cook authentic Asian cuisine with our recipes from all of the major regions in Asia, including Korea, Japan and Malaysia.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.