YIELD Makes 5 servings
|1||boneless beef rump roast (1-1/4 pounds)|
|3||cups baby carrots|
|1‑1/2||cups fresh or frozen pearl onions|
|1/2||cup red wine vinegar|
|1/2||teaspoon dry mustard|
|1/2||teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning|
|1/4||teaspoon ground cloves|
|1/4||cup crushed crisp gingersnap cookies (5 cookies)|
Slow Cooker Directions
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Brown roast on all sides. Place roast, carrots, onions and raisins in slow cooker.
- Combine water, vinegar, honey, salt, mustard, garlic-pepper seasoning and cloves in large bowl; mix well. Pour mixture over meat and vegetables in slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours or until internal temperature reaches 145°F when tested with meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast.
- Transfer roast to cutting board; cover with foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. (Internal temperature will continue to rise 5° to 10°F during stand time.)
- Remove vegetables from slow cooker with slotted spoon to bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Increase slow cooker temperature to HIGH. Stir crushed cookies into sauce mixture in slow cooker. Cover; cook on HIGH 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve meat and vegetables with sauce.
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Calories from Fat||26 %|
You Might Also Like
You need more than a wok and oil to cook proper Chinese cuisine. Read these articles and learn which ingredients you'll need to prepare authentic Chinese cuisine.
Learn how to make authentic Southwestern foods by following our easy-to-cook recipes that will help to spice up your next meal.