YIELD Makes 5 servings
|1||boneless beef rump roast (1-1/4 pounds)|
|3||cups baby carrots|
|1‑1/2||cups fresh or frozen pearl onions|
|1/2||cup red wine vinegar|
|1/2||teaspoon dry mustard|
|1/2||teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning|
|1/4||teaspoon ground cloves|
|1/4||cup crushed crisp gingersnap cookies (5 cookies)|
Slow Cooker Directions
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Brown roast on all sides. Place roast, carrots, onions and raisins in slow cooker.
- Combine water, vinegar, honey, salt, mustard, garlic-pepper seasoning and cloves in large bowl; mix well. Pour mixture over meat and vegetables in slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours or until internal temperature reaches 145°F when tested with meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast.
- Transfer roast to cutting board; cover with foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. (Internal temperature will continue to rise 5° to 10°F during stand time.)
- Remove vegetables from slow cooker with slotted spoon to bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Increase slow cooker temperature to HIGH. Stir crushed cookies into sauce mixture in slow cooker. Cover; cook on HIGH 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve meat and vegetables with sauce.
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Calories from Fat||26 %|
Island cuisine is a mixture of recipes from all the major island regions, including Hawaii, Cuba, the Caribbean and Jamaica.
Learn how to make authentic Southwestern foods by following our easy-to-cook recipes that will help to spice up your next meal.