Sautéed Chicken Breasts in Cream Sauce the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Sauteed Chicken Breasts in Cream Sauce
Makes 4 to 6 servings
|2||whole chicken breasts, split, skinned, boned and cut into strips|
|1-1/2||cups thinly sliced mushrooms|
|1||cup thinly sliced celery|
|1/2||medium onion, chopped|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2||teaspoon dried basil|
|1/4||teaspoon dried chervil leaves, crushed|
|1/8||teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed|
|1/3||to 3/4 cup dry white wine or sherry, divided|
|1||package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|2-1/2||cups (8 ounces) uncooked corkscrew pasta, hot cooked and drained|
|Chopped fresh parsley for garnish|
- Melt margarine in large skillet over medium heat until foamy. Add chicken strips, mushrooms, celery, onion, pepper, basil, chervil and thyme. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is tender, stirring occasionally. Set aside; keep warm.
- Add 2 tablespoons wine; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and milk in saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth.
- Blend in enough remaining wine to make sauce of pouring consistency.
- Place pasta on serving platter. Top with chicken-vegetable mixture; pour cream sauce over chicken and pasta. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Chicken