Savory Pita Chips
More flavorful and healthful than most store-bought chips, these pita chips are sure to be a lunch box favorite.
Makes 4 servings
|2||rounds whole wheat or white pita bread|
|Olive oil cooking spray|
|3||tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
|1||teaspoon dried basil|
|1/4||teaspoon garlic powder|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with foil; set aside.
- Using scissors, carefully cut each pita bread around edges to form 2 rounds. Cut each round into 6 wedges.
- Place wedges, rough side down, on prepared baking sheet; coat lightly with cooking spray. Turn wedges over; spray again.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, basil and garlic powder in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over pita wedges.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
Substitute butter-flavored cooking spray for olive oil-flavored cooking spray, and 1 tablespoon sugar mixed with 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon for Parmesan cheese, basil and garlic powder.
|Serving Size:||6 chips|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||18 %|
Check out more recipes for Snacks