Scallops & Mock Seaweed Soup
Makes 6 servings
|4||ounces fresh spinach, washed|
|6||cups Fish Stock or chicken broth|
|4||green onions, sliced|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh dill|
|2||teaspoons white wine Worcestershire sauce|
|2||teaspoons lemon juice|
|1||pound bay scallops, rinsed and patted dry|
|Salt and white pepper to taste|
- To cut spinach into chiffonade strips, make "V-shaped" cut at stem end. Roll up leaf jelly-roll fashion. Slice crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices with chef's knife. Repeat with remaining leaves; set aside.
- To cut carrot decoratively, use citrus stripper or grapefruit spoon to cut groove into carrot, cutting lengthwise from stem end to tip. Continue to cut grooves around carrot about 1/4 inch apart until completely around carrot. Thinly slice crosswise. Repeat with remaining carrots.
- Bring Fish Stock to a simmer in large saucepan; add carrot slices to stock. Bring to a boil; simmer 5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Add spinach, green onions, dill, Worcestershire and lemon juice to soup; simmer 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add scallops; simmer briefly until scallops turn opaque. Season with salt and pepper; serve immediately.
Check out more recipes for Soups