Makes 14 to 18 servings
|5-1/2||cups cake batter, divided|
|1||(15X15-inch) cake board, covered, or large platter|
|1||container (16 ounces) white frosting|
|2||miniature powdered sugar doughnuts|
|Assorted candies and decors|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2-quart ovenproof bowl and medium muffin pan. Pour 4 cups cake batter into prepared bowl; pour remaining batter into muffin pan (1/4 cup batter per muffin cup). Bake cake in bowl 1 hour and cupcakes about 20 minutes or until wooden skewer inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pans. Loosen edges; invert onto wire racks and cool completely.
- Trim flat side of bowl cake and tops of 2 cupcakes. (Reserve remaining cupcakes for another use.) Place cake on prepared cake board.
- Tint frosting purple. Frost entire cake and cupcakes with purple frosting.
- Press pretzel rods into cake about 3 inches apart; press cupcakes into other ends of pretzel rods to create legs and feet of monster. Press lollipops into side of cake to create arms.
- Position doughnuts on monster for eyes; add assorted candies to create tongue, teeth and toes.
Check out more recipes for Halloween