|Maui Onion Dressing|
|1/2||Maui Onion finely diced|
|1/4||cup Soy Sauce|
|1/4||Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar or Sushi Vinegar|
|Dash of Japanese Red Pepper Flakes called Schimi (substitute with dash Cayenne is OK)|
|Dash black pepper|
|Kosher Salt to taste|
|Seared Ahi Tuna|
|12||ounces Sashimi Ahi Tuna (about two rectangular blocks of Yellowfin Tuna)|
|1/2||Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|Dash of Schimi|
|Dash of black pepper|
|Dash of Kosher Salt|
- Soak tuna overnight in gallon bag with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (this will soften the tuna).
- Sprinkle some Schimi, Pepper, and Kosher Salt on tuna all sides.
- Sear on hot pan each side about 30 seconds. Slice into pencil thick slices.
- Pour dressing on flat plate.
- Arrange Ahi slices around plate
- Garnish with some Diakon sprouts or substitute with Alfalfa Sprouts.
If you're looking for a great cheese dip, try this recipe for Shaun Phillips and Stephen Cooper's cheddar cheese dip with dried figs from Kick Off Cook Off.
Make these cheesy appetizers to truly delight the people at your next party or casual get-together.