|Maui Onion Dressing|
|1/2||Maui Onion finely diced|
|1/4||cup Soy Sauce|
|1/4||Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar or Sushi Vinegar|
|Dash of Japanese Red Pepper Flakes called Schimi (substitute with dash Cayenne is OK)|
|Dash black pepper|
|Kosher Salt to taste|
|Seared Ahi Tuna|
|12||ounces Sashimi Ahi Tuna (about two rectangular blocks of Yellowfin Tuna)|
|1/2||Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|Dash of Schimi|
|Dash of black pepper|
|Dash of Kosher Salt|
- Soak tuna overnight in gallon bag with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (this will soften the tuna).
- Sprinkle some Schimi, Pepper, and Kosher Salt on tuna all sides.
- Sear on hot pan each side about 30 seconds. Slice into pencil thick slices.
- Pour dressing on flat plate.
- Arrange Ahi slices around plate
- Garnish with some Diakon sprouts or substitute with Alfalfa Sprouts.
You Might Also Like
If you're looking for a football-shaped appetizer, try this recipe for Marilyn and Percy's football-shaped lamb sliders from Kick Off Cook Off.
Make these cheesy appetizers to truly delight the people at your next party or casual get-together.