Shrimp & Chili Empanadas
Makes about 36 empadas
|4||ounces cream cheese, softened|
|1/2||cup butter or margarine, softened|
|1/4||cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/2||teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||to 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour|
|Fresh burnet sprig for garnish|
- Combine cream cheese, butter, Parmesan cheese, oregano and pepper in food processor; process until smooth. Add flour; process until mixture forms dough that leaves side of bowl. Form dough into 2 balls; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Place 1 ball on lightly floured surface; flatten slightly. Knead dough 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into circles using 3-inch biscuit cutter. Gather scraps into ball; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Repeat kneading process with second ball. Roll out with reserved scraps to make about 36 rounds total.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare Shrimp Filling.
- To make empadas, place 1 teaspoon filling on each round. Fold in half; seal edges with fork. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake empadas 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack; serve warm. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Mexican