YIELD Makes 4 servings
|2||tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1||tablespoon dry sherry|
|1||tablespoon rice vinegar|
|1||tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|1||teaspoon brown sugar|
|2||green onions with tops|
|1||tablespoon peanut oil or vegetable oil|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/8||to 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|3/4||pound medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1/3||cup dry roasted peanuts|
|Hot cooked Chinese egg noodles|
|Cucumber fan for garnish|
- Combine ketchup, broth, sherry, vinegar, soy sauce and brown sugar in small bowl; set aside.
- Cut onions diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Heat wok over medium-high heat 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add garlic and red pepper; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp; stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and opaque. Add ketchup mixture and onions; stir-fry about 1 minute or until sauce boils and thickens.
- Stir in peanuts. Serve over noodles. Garnish, if desired.
Island cuisine is a mixture of recipes from all the major island regions, including Hawaii, Cuba, the Caribbean and Jamaica.
Learn how to make authentic Southwestern foods by following our easy-to-cook recipes that will help to spice up your next meal.