YIELD Makes 4 servings
|2||tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1||tablespoon dry sherry|
|1||tablespoon rice vinegar|
|1||tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|1||teaspoon brown sugar|
|2||green onions with tops|
|1||tablespoon peanut oil or vegetable oil|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/8||to 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|3/4||pound medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1/3||cup dry roasted peanuts|
|Hot cooked Chinese egg noodles|
|Cucumber fan for garnish|
- Combine ketchup, broth, sherry, vinegar, soy sauce and brown sugar in small bowl; set aside.
- Cut onions diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Heat wok over medium-high heat 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add garlic and red pepper; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp; stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and opaque. Add ketchup mixture and onions; stir-fry about 1 minute or until sauce boils and thickens.
- Stir in peanuts. Serve over noodles. Garnish, if desired.
Learn how to cook authentic Asian cuisine with our recipes from all of the major regions in Asia, including Korea, Japan and Malaysia.
Have you ever wanted to cook authentic Thai food instead of going out to a fancy restaurant? Now you can with our Thai recipes.