Skewered Tuna Niçoise
Makes 6 servings
|1/2||cup olive oil|
|1/4||cup balsamic vinegar|
|3||cloves garlic, chopped|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||pound tuna steaks, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks|
|1-1/2||pounds medium red potatoes, quartered|
|1||large red onion, cut into 8 equal wedges|
|1/2||pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths|
|8||cups mixed lettuces|
|1||large tomato, cut into 8 wedges|
|12||ripe olives, quartered|
|2||hard-cooked egg whites, slivered|
|1||tablespoon drained capers|
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, rosemary and pepper in food processor or blender; process until rosemary is finely minced. Place 1/4 cup dressing in medium bowl. Add tuna; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Pour remaining dressing into jar with tight-fitting lid. Set aside.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water 6 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to medium bowl; add onion. Shake dressing and pour about 2 tablespoons over potato mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Add green beans to simmering water; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Thread potatoes and onion onto skewers. Thread tuna onto separate skewers. Grill vegetables over medium-hot coals about 10 minutes or until well browned. Grill tuna 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork.
- Toss lettuce with 1/4 cup dressing; transfer to large platter. Toss green beans with remaining dressing; arrange over lettuce. Remove tuna, potatoes and onion from skewers; place on salad. Garnish with tomato, olives, egg whites and capers.
|Total Fat||21 g|
Check out more recipes for French