Skull & Cross Bones
Makes 2 dozen brownies
|1||package (21.5 ounces) brownie mix plus ingredients to prepare mix|
|1/8||teaspoon almond extract (optional)|
|Red and black decorating gel|
|1||container (16 ounces) chocolate frosting|
|Pastry bag with medium writing tip|
- Prepare and bake brownies in 13X9-inch baking pan according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Beat egg white in large bowl until foamy. Add almond extract, if desired; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fill pastry bag with egg white mixture. Pipe 24 skull and cross bones shapes onto prepared baking sheet. Bake about 12 minutes or until very lightly browned and set. Cool on pan on wire rack. Carefully remove meringues from parchment paper. Decorate with red gel for eyes and black gel for mouths.
- Frost brownies and cut into 24 rectangles. Place one meringue on each brownie.
Check out more recipes for Halloween