Prep Time 10 to 15 minutes
Cook Time 7 to 8 hours
YIELD Makes 6 servings
|4||to 4-1/2 pounds beef short ribs|
|1/4||cup chopped green onions|
|1/4||cup tamari or soy sauce|
|1/4||cup beef broth or water|
|1||tablespoon brown sugar|
|2||teaspoons minced fresh ginger|
|2||teaspoons minced garlic|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|2||teaspoons dark sesame oil|
|Hot cooked rice or linguini pasta|
|2||teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted|
Slow Cooker Directions
- Place ribs in 5-quart cooker. Combine green onions, tamari, broth, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and pepper in medium bowl; mix well and pour over ribs. Cover; cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or until ribs are fork tender.
- Remove ribs from cooking liquid. Cool slightly. Trim excess fat. Cut rib meat into bite-size pieces, discarding bones and fat.
- Let cooking liquid stand 5 minutes to allow fat to rise. Skim off fat.
- Stir sesame oil into liquid. Return beef to slow cooker. Cover; cook 15 to 30 minutes or until hot.
- Serve with rice; garnish with sesame seeds.
You Might Also Like
Don't you dare go to fast-food taco restaurants when you can learn to cook authentic Mexican cuisine from your own kitchen.
Learn to cook authentic Middle Eastern cuisine by checking out our collection of recipes. And you can use a fork if you'd like.