Prep Time 10 to 15 minutes
Cook Time 7 to 8 hours
YIELD Makes 6 servings
|4||to 4-1/2 pounds beef short ribs|
|1/4||cup chopped green onions|
|1/4||cup tamari or soy sauce|
|1/4||cup beef broth or water|
|1||tablespoon brown sugar|
|2||teaspoons minced fresh ginger|
|2||teaspoons minced garlic|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|2||teaspoons dark sesame oil|
|Hot cooked rice or linguini pasta|
|2||teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted|
Slow Cooker Directions
- Place ribs in 5-quart cooker. Combine green onions, tamari, broth, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and pepper in medium bowl; mix well and pour over ribs. Cover; cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or until ribs are fork tender.
- Remove ribs from cooking liquid. Cool slightly. Trim excess fat. Cut rib meat into bite-size pieces, discarding bones and fat.
- Let cooking liquid stand 5 minutes to allow fat to rise. Skim off fat.
- Stir sesame oil into liquid. Return beef to slow cooker. Cover; cook 15 to 30 minutes or until hot.
- Serve with rice; garnish with sesame seeds.
You need more than a wok and oil to cook proper Chinese cuisine. Read these articles and learn which ingredients you'll need to prepare authentic Chinese cuisine.
You don't need a PhD in cooking to prepare authentic European cuisine, because all you have to do is follow our recipes.