Prep Time 10 to 15 minutes
Cook Time 7 to 8 hours
YIELD Makes 6 servings
|4||to 4-1/2 pounds beef short ribs|
|1/4||cup chopped green onions|
|1/4||cup tamari or soy sauce|
|1/4||cup beef broth or water|
|1||tablespoon brown sugar|
|2||teaspoons minced fresh ginger|
|2||teaspoons minced garlic|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|2||teaspoons dark sesame oil|
|Hot cooked rice or linguini pasta|
|2||teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted|
Slow Cooker Directions
- Place ribs in 5-quart cooker. Combine green onions, tamari, broth, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and pepper in medium bowl; mix well and pour over ribs. Cover; cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or until ribs are fork tender.
- Remove ribs from cooking liquid. Cool slightly. Trim excess fat. Cut rib meat into bite-size pieces, discarding bones and fat.
- Let cooking liquid stand 5 minutes to allow fat to rise. Skim off fat.
- Stir sesame oil into liquid. Return beef to slow cooker. Cover; cook 15 to 30 minutes or until hot.
- Serve with rice; garnish with sesame seeds.
Learn how to prepare traditional Northeastern meals and dishes that will delight even the staunchest Yankee stomach.
Contrary to popular belief, Southern cuisine does not have to involve frying everything (but it helps in many cases). Learn the secrets of country cooking with our Southern recipes. Y'all enjoy.