Makes about 8 to 10 sandwich cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated cookie dough, any flavor|
|All-purpose flour (optional)|
|Peanut butter, multi-colored miniature marshmallows, assorted colored sprinkles, chocolate-covered raisins and caramel candy squares|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Remove dough from wrapper according to package directions. Cut into 4 equal sections. Reserve 1 section; refrigerate remaining 3 sections.
- Roll out reserved dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle with flour to minimize sticking, if necessary. Cut out cookies using 2-1/2-inch round cookie cutter. Transfer to prepared cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough, working with 1 section at a time.
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- To make sandwich, spread about 1-1/2 tablespoons peanut butter on bottom of 1 cookie to within 1/4 inch of edge. Sprinkle with miniature marshmallows, sprinkles and candy pieces. Top with second cookie, pressing gently. Repeat with remaining cookies and fillings.
- Just before serving, place sandwiches on paper towels. Microwave on HIGH 15 to 25 seconds or until fillings become soft.
Invite the neighbor kids over on a rainy day to make these fun Smushy Cookies. Be sure to have lots of filling choices available so each child can create their own unique cookies.
Check out more recipes for Butter & Sugar