YIELD Makes 4 to 5 servings
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1/3||cup chopped onion|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/2||cup dry white wine|
|6||flat anchovy fillets, minced|
|5||large ripe fresh tomatoes, seeded and chopped|
|1||tablespoon tomato paste|
|3/4||teaspoon dried basil|
|1/2||teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|10||ounces uncooked spaghetti|
|1||pound fresh medium shrimp, shelled and deveined|
|1/2||pound fresh sea scallops, cut into 3/4-inch pieces|
|3||tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
|Fresh basil leaves for garnish|
- Scrub oysters thoroughly with stiff brush under cold running water. Place on tray and refrigerate 1 hour to help oysters relax.
- Shuck oysters, reserving oyster liquor. Strain oyster liquor through triple thickness of dampened cheesecloth into small bowl; reserve oyster liquor.
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4 minutes or until soft. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add wine; cook 4 to 5 minutes until wine has evaporated. Remove from heat; cover and set aside.
- Stir reserved oyster liquor and anchovies into onion mixture in saucepan; add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Mix well. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, 20 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Cook spaghetti in large pot of boiling salted water 8 to 10 minutes just until al dente; drain well.
- Stir in shrimp, scallops and oysters. Cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes until shrimp turn opaque and are cooked through, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley.
- Combine hot spaghetti with seafood sauce in large serving bowl; toss until well coated. Garnish with basil. Serve immediately.
You need more than a wok and oil to cook proper Chinese cuisine. Read these articles and learn which ingredients you'll need to prepare authentic Chinese cuisine.
You don't need a PhD in cooking to prepare authentic European cuisine, because all you have to do is follow our recipes.