YIELD Makes about 4 dozen cookies
|1/2||cup (1 stick) butter, softened|
|1‑3/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|2||teaspoons baking powder|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/4||teaspoon ground cloves|
|Red hot candies or red colored sugar for garnish (optional)|
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add sugar; beat until well blended. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in large bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture at low speed, blending well after each addition.
- Shape dough into 2 logs, each about 2 inches in diameter and 6 inches long. Wrap each log in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets. Cut logs into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place at least 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Decorate with candies or colored sugar, if desired.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are light brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight container.
|Serving Size:||1 cookie|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||37 %|
Who can pass up a peanut butter cookie? Check out our recipes and you'll be able to share these delectable morsels with all of your friends.
Making friends and influencing people can usually be best achieved by sharing a batch of fresh-out-of-the-oven chocolate cookies. Try it and you'll see.