Spicy Fried Rice with Tofu
YIELD Makes 4 servings
|4||ounces firm tofu, drained|
|4‑1/2||teaspoons vegetable oil, divided|
|1||tablespoon minced garlic|
|1||tablespoon minced fresh ginger|
|1/2||teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|2||cups thinly sliced Chinese cabbage|
|1||cup chopped carrots|
|1||cup frozen green peas, thawed|
|3||cups cooked white rice|
|1/4||cup canned chicken broth|
|1/4||cup reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|3||tablespoons dry sherry|
|2||teaspoons balsamic vinegar|
- Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes; set aside.
- Beat eggs in small bowl with wire whisk. Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beaten eggs; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes until soft curds form.
- Remove eggs from wok. Cut eggs into small pieces with spoon; set aside.
- Heat remaining 3 teaspoons oil in wok over high heat. Add garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes; cook about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add cabbage, carrots and peas; cook about 5 to 10 minutes until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in rice, tofu, chicken broth, soy sauce, sherry and vinegar; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in eggs just before serving. Garnish as desired.
This recipe appears in: Asian
You Might Also Like