YIELD Makes 20 cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough with caramel filling in squares or rounds (20 count)|
|1/2||cup uncooked quick or old-fashioned oats|
|1/2||cup all-purpose flour|
|2‑1/2||packages (1.5 ounces each) chocolate-covered crisp wafer candy bars|
|2/3||cup creamy peanut butter|
|2||tablespoons butter or margarine|
|1||cup powdered sugar|
|2||to 3 tablespoons milk|
|1||cup toasted coconut*|
|Mini chocolate chips|
- Grease cookie sheets. Remove dough from wrapper; place in large bowl. Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Add oats and flour to dough in bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Separate candy bars into individual sticks; cut sticks in half crosswise to make 20 pieces. Divide dough into 20 pieces. Wrap dough pieces around candy bar pieces, completely covering tops and sides. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets; pinch one end of dough to make slightly pointed. Freeze 10 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes or until firm and edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- Beat peanut butter and butter in medium bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended and smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat at high speed, adding milk by tablespoons until mixture is of desired frosting consistency. Reserve 1 tablespoon frosting.
- Frost tops and sides of cookies with remaining frosting, leaving pointed ends unfrosted. Place toasted coconut in shallow bowl. Dip frosted ends cookies into toasted coconut to cover. Using reserved frosting, attach mini chocolate chips for eyes and nose on pointed end of each cookie.
This recipe appears in: Chocolate
You Might Also Like