Spinach-Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf
Making cookies this holiday season? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
Makes 8 servings
|1||sheet (24x12 inches) heavy-duty foil|
|1||pound ground turkey|
|1||cup finely chopped onion|
|1/2||cup unseasoned dry breadcrumbs|
|1/2||cup finely chopped red bell pepper|
|2||tablespoons bacon bits|
|1||teaspoon dried thyme leaves|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry|
|1/3||cup sour cream|
|1/3||cup shredded Swiss cheese|
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Center foil over 9X5X3-inch loaf pan. Gently ease foil into pan; leaving a 1-inch overhang on sides of pan and 5-inch overhang on each end. Generously spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine turkey, onion, breadcrumbs, bell pepper, eggs, bacon bits, thyme, salt and black pepper in medium bowl; mix well.
- Place about 3 cups turkey mixture into prepared pan, packing down lightly and making an indentation, end to end, with back of large spoon.
- Combine spinach, sour cream and cheese in medium bowl. Spoon into indentation. Cover with remaining turkey mixture, packing down lightly. Fold foil over sides to cover completely; crimp foil, leaving head space for heat circulation.
- Bake about 50 minutes or until cooked through. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Unwrap and slice into 1-inch slices.
Check out more recipes for Turkey