Prep and Cook Time 20 minutes
YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||beef top sirloin steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)|
|1||package (8 ounces) dry rice stick noodles|
|1/4||cup dry white wine|
|1/4||cup soy sauce|
|1||tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch|
|2||teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2||teaspoons minced garlic|
|2||cups sliced mushrooms|
|2||cups matchstick-size carrot sticks|
|1||cup green bell pepper strips|
|1/2||cup sliced green onions|
|4||cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and drained|
- Cut beef lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch strips. Set aside. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain well. Set aside.
- While noodles are cooking, combine wine, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and ginger in medium bowl; whisk to blend. Add beef strips; toss to coat well. Set aside.
- Heat oil and garlic in large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat. Add mushrooms, carrots, bell peppers and green onions; stir-fry 4 minutes. Transfer vegetables to bowl. Cover; keep warm.
- Add beef strips and marinade to wok; stir-fry 6 minutes. Return vegetables to skillet; stir until blended.
- Line serving platter with spinach. Arrange noodles over spinach; top with beef mixture. Serve immediately.
Stir-fry meat can be purchased presliced from the supermarket meat case.
This recipe appears in: Asian
|Total Fat||15 g|