YIELD Makes 6 servings
|4||ounces fresh bean sprouts|
|1||tablespoon cold water|
|1||tablespoon oyster sauce|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|3/4||cup vegetable or chicken broth|
|1/4||cup pimiento strips, drained|
- Cut woody stems from broccoli; discard. Peel stems and cut diagonally into slices. Cut tops into florets; rinse. Cut onion into wedges and celery diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Rinse bean sprouts and drain, removing any green hulls. Set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, water, oyster sauce, salt and sugar in small bowl; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat about 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add broccoli stems, onion and celery; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add broccoli florets and garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add broth. Cover and cook about 3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture until smooth. Add to wok. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add bean sprouts and pimiento; stir-fry just until heated through. Transfer to serving dish.
Learn how to cook the best Midwestern fare you've ever tasted, and all from the comforts of your own kitchen.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.