Strawberry & Banana Stuffed French Toast
Makes 8 slices
|1||loaf (12 inches) French bread|
|4||ounces cream cheese, softened|
|1/4||cup chopped strawberries|
|1/4||cup chopped banana|
|2||tablespoons strawberry jam|
|6||eggs, lightly beaten|
|3||tablespoons butter or margarine, divided|
- Cut French bread into eight 1-1/2-inch slices. Make pocket in each slice by cutting through top crust and almost to bottom, leaving sides of bread slices intact.
- Combine cream cheese, strawberries, banana and jam in small bowl to make filling.
- Place heaping tablespoon of strawberry filling into each pocket. Press back together.
- Beat eggs and milk in wide shallow bowl. Add bread; let stand to coat, then turn to coat other side.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-low heat. Add as many bread slices as will fit; cook until brown. Turn and cook other side. Remove and keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and bread slices. Serve with Strawberry Sauce.
Combine 1 pint hulled strawberries, 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon strawberry- or orange-flavored liqueur in blender or food processor. Cover; process until strawberries are puréed.
Check out more recipes for French Toast