Strawberry Oat Bars
Makes about 4 dozen bars
|1||cup (2 sticks) butter, softened|
|1||cup packed light brown sugar|
|2||cups uncooked quick oats|
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|2||teaspoons baking soda|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1||can (21 ounces) strawberry pie filling|
|3/4||teaspoon almond extract|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Beat butter in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add brown sugar; beat until well blended.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl; mix well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed until well blended and crumbly.
- Spread two thirds of crumb mixture on bottom of ungreased 13X9-inch baking pan, pressing to form firm layer. Bake 15 minutes; cool 5 minutes on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place strawberry filling in food processor or blender. Cover and process until smooth. Stir in almond extract.
- Pour strawberry mixture over partially baked crust. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture evenly over strawberry layer.
- Return pan to oven; bake 20 to 25 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is slightly bubbly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
|Total Fat||4 g|
Check out more recipes for Cookie Bars