YIELD Makes 2 servings
|1/2||cup chopped fresh tomatoes|
|1||teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)|
|1/2||clove garlic, minced|
|1/4||teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
|1/8||teaspoon ground cumin|
|4||ounces ground beef round|
|1/4||cup cooked brown or white rice|
|2||tablespoons cholesterol-free egg substitute or 1 egg white|
|1||tablespoon finely chopped onion|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||large bell pepper, any color, seeded and cut in half lengthwise|
|2||sheets (12X12 inches) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
- Preheat toaster oven or oven to 400°F.
- Combine tomatoes, cilantro, if desired, garlic, oregano and cumin in small bowl. Set aside.
- Thoroughly combine beef, rice, egg substitute, onion, salt and black pepper in medium bowl. Stir 1/3 cup tomato mixture into beef mixture. Spoon filling evenly into pepper halves; place each pepper half on foil sheet.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packet. Place on toaster oven tray (or baking sheet if using oven).
- Bake 30 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and pepper halves are tender. Serve with remaining tomato salsa, if desired.
Learn new and exciting ways to cook chicken that will surprise and delight your friends and family by following our chicken recipes.
Chicken Cacciatore with Rice from Hunt's combines tender chicken breast with sauteed onions, mushrooms and tomatoes, all served over fluffy rice. It makes a great weeknight meal that the whole family will enjoy.