YIELD Makes 4 servings
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|2||(8 to 12 ounces each) eggplants|
|1||pound boneless sirloin steak, trimmed of visible fat, cut into 1/4-inch strips|
|2||cups sliced red and green peppers|
|2||cups sliced mushrooms|
|1‑1/2||teaspoons chopped garlic|
|1||teaspoon black pepper, or to taste|
|Chopped fresh parsley|
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Wash and dry eggplants, cut off stem ends, cut in half lengthwise and place face up in large baking dish. Pierce flat tops with a fork in approximately 8 places. Sprinkle each eggplant with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- While eggplants bake, spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray, add chopped garlic and ground pepper and place over medium heat, stirring lightly. Add sirloin strips; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Add green peppers and cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water, stir and cover. Remove skillet from heat.
- Remove eggplant from oven, let cool 5 minutes. Mash cooked eggplant centers with fork, but do not break shells.
- Top each half with cooked beef mixture; blend with cooked mashed eggplant. Cover with foil; bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Garnish with paprika and chopped parsley.
|Serving Size:||1/2 eggplant|
|Saturated Fat||<2 g|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Calories from Fat||19 %|
You Might Also Like
With Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-fry from Home Made Simple, you can make a gourmet meal with half the hassle. Learn the recipe at TLC Cooking.
There are hundreds of ways to cook pork, so check out our recipes to see which one you'd like to try for your next meal.