Makes 68 cookies
|1-3/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|1/4||cup unprocessed bran|
|1/2||teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2||cup (1 stick) soft baking butter with canola oil|
|1/4||cup unsweetened applesauce|
|2||tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon red or green fine decorating sugar|
- Combine flour, bran, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed 1 minute or until creamy. Add applesauce, egg white and vanilla. Beat on low speed until just blended; increase speed to medium and beat until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on low speed until well blended. Divide dough into 2 portions. Shape each portion into 11-inch log. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove logs from freezer. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices, turning log slightly after each slice to keep it round.
- Dip half of one side of each cookie into decorating sugar. Place cookies, sugar side up, on cookie sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until set. Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
|Serving Size:||1 cookie|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||60 %|
Check out more recipes for Butter & Sugar