YIELD Makes 5 to 6 servings
|1‑1/2||cups fresh bread crumbs|
|1||cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream|
|2||tablespoons butter or margarine, divided|
|1||small onion, chopped|
|1||pound ground beef|
|1/2||pound ground pork|
|3||tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided|
|1/4||teaspoon ground allspice|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||cup beef broth|
|1||cup sour cream|
|1||tablespoon all-purpose flour|
- Combine bread crumbs and cream in small bowl; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Combine beef, pork, bread crumb mixture, onion, 2 tablespoons parsley, salt, allspice and pepper in large bowl; mix well. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Pat meat mixture into 1-inch-thick square on cutting board. Cut into 36 squares. Shape each square into ball.* Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs. Cook 10 minutes or until browned on all sides and no longer pink in centers. Remove meatballs; drain on paper towels.
*Meatballs can be frozen at this point. To freeze, place meatballs on cookie sheet or shallow pan; place in freezer 30 minutes to firm slightly. Remove from freezer; place in freezer food storage bag and freeze completely. To prepare, thaw meatballs in refrigerator, then proceed as directed.
- Drain drippings from skillet; discard. Pour broth into skillet. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring frequently and scraping up any browned bits. Reduce heat to low.
- Combine sour cream and flour in small bowl; mix well. Stir sour cream mixture into skillet; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Add meatballs; cook 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
|Serving Size:||5 to 6 servings|
|Saturated Fat||24 g|
|Total Fat||48 g|
|Calories from Fat||68 %|
Anyone can cook. Take this to heart the next time you embark of trying to cook authentic French cuisine. Read our recipes to find out everything you need to know.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.