Sweet Jam Swirls the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Sweet Jam Swirls
Makes about 5 dozen cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|1||package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened|
|3/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/4||cup jam (any flavor)|
- Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Combine dough, cream cheese and flour in large bowl; beat until well blended. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces; wrap each piece tightly in plastic wrap. Freeze 1 hour.
- Working with one dough piece at a time, roll into 5X5-inch square on floured waxed paper. Spread 1 tablespoon jam evenly over dough square. Roll up into log; wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining dough pieces and jam. Freeze logs about 3 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Cut logs into 1/4-inch slices; place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Check out more recipes for Butter & Sugar