|4||to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided|
|2||packages active dry yeast|
|1/4||cup butter or margarine|
- Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt in large bowl. Combine milk and butter in 1-quart saucepan. Heat over low heat until mixture is 120° to 130°F. (Butter does not need to completely melt.)
- Gradually beat milk mixture into flour mixture at medium speed with electric mixer 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, vanilla and 1 cup flour at low speed. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes. Stir in enough additional flour, about 2 cups, to make soft dough.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface; flatten slightly. Knead dough about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding remaining 1/4 cup flour to prevent sticking if necessary.
- Shape dough into a ball; place in large greased bowl. Turn dough over so that top is greased. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down dough. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 1 minute. Cover with towel; let rest 10 minutes.
Whether you are trying to find something for dinner or breakfast; you'll find easy-to-follow recipes for a variety of dinner rolls to cinnamon buns.
Learn how to cultivate your own sourdough bread starter to bring that old-time taste home. Learn more about sourdough bread starter recipe.