|4||to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided|
|2||packages active dry yeast|
|1/4||cup butter or margarine|
- Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt in large bowl. Combine milk and butter in 1-quart saucepan. Heat over low heat until mixture is 120° to 130°F. (Butter does not need to completely melt.)
- Gradually beat milk mixture into flour mixture at medium speed with electric mixer 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, vanilla and 1 cup flour at low speed. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes. Stir in enough additional flour, about 2 cups, to make soft dough.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface; flatten slightly. Knead dough about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding remaining 1/4 cup flour to prevent sticking if necessary.
- Shape dough into a ball; place in large greased bowl. Turn dough over so that top is greased. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down dough. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 1 minute. Cover with towel; let rest 10 minutes.
The bread machine is a great invention because it gives the everyday gourmet the tools to make great breads and pastries. Learn how to use your bread machine with our collection of recipes.
Making quick breads are simple, especially if you follow our easy-to-use ingredients list and baking instructions.