|4||to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided|
|2||packages active dry yeast|
|1/4||cup butter or margarine|
- Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt in large bowl. Combine milk and butter in 1-quart saucepan. Heat over low heat until mixture is 120° to 130°F. (Butter does not need to completely melt.)
- Gradually beat milk mixture into flour mixture at medium speed with electric mixer 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, vanilla and 1 cup flour at low speed. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes. Stir in enough additional flour, about 2 cups, to make soft dough.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface; flatten slightly. Knead dough about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding remaining 1/4 cup flour to prevent sticking if necessary.
- Shape dough into a ball; place in large greased bowl. Turn dough over so that top is greased. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down dough. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 1 minute. Cover with towel; let rest 10 minutes.
Duggar Homemade Rolls are a family favorite for the Duggars of 18 Kids and Counting. Learn to make Duggar Homemade Rolls at TLC Cooking.
Everybody loves coffeecake and that's why we've collected coffeecake recipes from all over the world to share with you.