YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1‑3/4||to 2 pounds fresh spinach, washed and stemmed or 2 packages (10 ounces each) fresh spinach|
|3||boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 pounds), sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips|
|Peanut Sauce (recipe)|
|1||fresh red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped* or 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper|
|Marigold petals for garnish|
- Set steamer basket in Dutch oven or large skillet; add water to within 1/4 inch of bottom of basket.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat. Layer about 1/4 of spinach in basket; cover and steam 15 seconds. Quickly turn leaves over with tongs. Cover and steam 15 seconds or until leaves are bright green and barely wilted.
- Transfer spinach to colander. Repeat with remaining spinach. Lay spinach on serving platter or individual plates.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in large saucepan over high heat. Add chicken to boiling water; remove saucepan from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Prepare Peanut Sauce.
- Drain chicken; stir into hot Peanut Sauce and pour mixture over spinach. Sprinkle with reserved chili pepper. Garnish, if desired.
You Might Also Like
Learn how to cook authentic Asian cuisine with our recipes from all of the major regions in Asia, including Korea, Japan and Malaysia.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.