YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1‑3/4||to 2 pounds fresh spinach, washed and stemmed or 2 packages (10 ounces each) fresh spinach|
|3||boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 pounds), sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips|
|Peanut Sauce (recipe)|
|1||fresh red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped* or 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper|
|Marigold petals for garnish|
- Set steamer basket in Dutch oven or large skillet; add water to within 1/4 inch of bottom of basket.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat. Layer about 1/4 of spinach in basket; cover and steam 15 seconds. Quickly turn leaves over with tongs. Cover and steam 15 seconds or until leaves are bright green and barely wilted.
- Transfer spinach to colander. Repeat with remaining spinach. Lay spinach on serving platter or individual plates.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in large saucepan over high heat. Add chicken to boiling water; remove saucepan from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Prepare Peanut Sauce.
- Drain chicken; stir into hot Peanut Sauce and pour mixture over spinach. Sprinkle with reserved chili pepper. Garnish, if desired.
This recipe appears in: Thai