Three-Citrus Turkey Tenderloins
Makes 4 to 6 servings
|2/3||cup fresh orange juice, divided|
|3||tablespoons minced shallots or onion|
|1/2||teaspoon grated lemon peel|
|1/2||teaspoon grated lime peel|
|2||tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|2||tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|2||whole turkey tenderloins (about 3/4 pound each)|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
- Combine 1/3 cup orange juice, shallots, lemon peel, lime peel, lemon juice and lime juice in small bowl; mix well. Reserve 1/3 cup of juice mixture; cover and refrigerate. Place turkey in large resealable food storage bag; add remaining juice mixture to bag. Seal bag tightly, turning to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours, turning once.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Drain turkey; discard marinade from bag. Brush turkey with oil; sprinkle with salt. Place turkey on grid. Grill turkey, on covered grill, over medium-hot coals 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink in center, turning halfway through grilling time. (If desired, insert instant-read thermometer* into center of thickest part of tenderloin. Thermometer should register 170°F.)
- Meanwhile, combine reserved juice mixture and honey in small saucepan. Combine remaining 1/3 cup orange juice and cornstarch in small bowl; mix until smooth. Add to juice mixture in saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, over medium heat about 5 minutes or until thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Transfer turkey to carving board. Carve turkey crosswise into thin slices; drizzle with sauce.
Check out more recipes for Turkey