Three Mushroom Ratatouille
Makes about 2-1/4 cups
|1||package (3-1/2 ounces) fresh shiitake mushrooms*|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1||large onion, chopped|
|4||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||package (8 ounces) button mushrooms, chopped|
|1||package (6 ounces) crimini mushrooms, chopped|
|1||cup chicken broth|
|1/2||cup chopped fresh tomato|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
|2||tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
|3||pita breads (6 inches each)|
|Italian parsley for garnish|
*Or, substitute 1 ounce dried black Chinese mushrooms. Place dried mushrooms in small bowl; cover with warm water. Soak 20 minutes to soften. Drain; squeeze out excess moisture. Prepare as directed in Step 1.
- Remove stems from shiitake mushrooms; discard stems and chop caps.
- Preheat broiler. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes more, stirring often.
- Add chicken broth; bring to a boil. Cook about 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in tomato, chopped parsley and cheese. Spoon into bowl.
- Meanwhile, split each pita bread horizontally in half. Stack halves; cut stack into 6 wedges. Arrange wedges in single layer on baking sheet. Broil 4 inches from heat 1 to 3 minutes or until wedges are toasted.
- Arrange toasted pita bread triangles and warm dip on serving platter. Garnish, if desired.
|Serving Size:||3 pita triangles with 1 tablespoon ratatouille per triangle|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||27 %|
Check out more recipes for Meat