YIELD Makes 1 loaf
|1||package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast|
|1||cup warm water (105° to 115°F)|
|3||cups all-purpose flour|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1||cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|4||tablespoons butter or margarine, melted|
|1/4||cup chopped fresh parsley|
|3||teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed|
- To proof yeast, sprinkle yeast and sugar over warm water in small bowl; stir until yeast is dissolved. Let stand 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
- Combine flour and salt in food processor. With food processor running, add yeast mixture and oil. Process until mixture forms dough that leaves side of bowl. If dough is too dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons water. If dough is too wet, add 1 to 2 tablespoons additional flour until dough leaves side of bowl. Dough will be sticky.
- Place dough in large greased bowl. Turn dough over so that top is greased. Cover with towel; let rise in warm, draft-free place about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down dough. Knead cheese into dough on lightly floured surface until evenly distributed. Cover with towel; let rest 10 minutes.
- Grease 1-1/2-quart casserole dish or 8-1/2X4-1/2-inch loaf pan; set aside. Combine butter, parsley and thyme in small bowl.
- Roll out dough into 8X6-inch rectangle with lightly floured rolling pin. Cut dough into 48 (1-inch) squares. Shape into balls; dip into parsley mixture. Place in prepared dish.
- Cover with towel; let rise in warm place about 45 minutes or until doubled in size. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until top is golden and loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Immediately remove from casserole dish; cool on wire rack 30 minutes. Serve warm.
|Serving Size:||1/12th of loaf|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Calories from Fat||41 %|
Whether you are trying to find something for dinner or breakfast; you'll find easy-to-follow recipes for a variety of dinner rolls to cinnamon buns.
Everybody loves coffeecake and that's why we've collected coffeecake recipes from all over the world to share with you.