Makes 6 servings
|2||packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, thawed if frozen, split in half horizontally|
|3/4||cup brewed espresso*|
|2||tablespoons coffee liqueur or brandy (optional)|
|1||package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened|
|1/3||cup sour cream|
|1/2||cup whipping cream|
|2||tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, divided|
|Chocolate curls and mint leaves (optional)|
*Use fresh brewed espresso, instant espresso powder prepared according to directions on jar or 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder dissolved in 3/4 cup hot water.
- Place ladyfingers on baking sheet. Let stand, uncovered, 8 hours or overnight to dry. Or, dry ladyfingers by placing on microwavable plate. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) 1 minute, turn ladyfingers over. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until dry.
- Combine espresso and liqueur, if desired, in small bowl. Dip half the ladyfingers in espresso mixture; place in bottom of 2-quart serving bowl.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy; add sour cream, beating until blended. Add whipping cream, beating until smooth. Spread half the cheese mixture over ladyfingers.
- Place 1 tablespoon cocoa in fine strainer. Lightly tap rim of strainer and dust cocoa over cheese layer.
- Dip remaining ladyfingers in espresso mixture. Place over cheese mixture in serving bowl.
- Spread remaining cheese mixture over ladyfingers. Dust remaining 1 tablespoon cocoa over cheese layer. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with chocolate curls and mint leaves, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Italian