Makes 12 servings
|1||package (21.5 ounces) brownie mix plus ingredients to prepare mix|
|1||cup chocolate fudge frosting (about 1/2 of 16-ounce container)|
|2||milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)|
|Creamy Decorator's Frosting|
|3/4||cup flaked coconut, tinted green|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 13X9-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil beyond edges of pan; grease foil.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Using foil as handles, remove brownies from pan; peel off foil. Frost with chocolate frosting. Cut brownies into twelve 4X2-inch bars.
- Break chocolate bars into pieces along scored lines. Using Creamy Decorator's Frosting, write "R.I.P." on chocolate pieces. Let stand until set.
- Press 1 chocolate piece into end of each brownie for tombstone. Sprinkle tinted coconut on each brownie for grass. Place 1 pumpkin candy on coconut.
To tint coconut, dilute a few drops of food coloring with 1/2 teaspoon water in a large plastic bag. Add 1 to 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut. Close the bag and shake well until the coconut is evenly coated. If a deeper color is desired, add more diluted food coloring and shake again.
Check out more recipes for Halloween