Grilling Chicken QuartersGrilling chicken quarters can be a challenge since dark meat takes longer to cook than light meat. Be prepared to move the chicken pieces if a flare-up occurs.
- Marinate chicken, if desired, reserving some of the marinade to use as a basting sauce.
- Prepare barbecue grill for direct cooking.
- Drain chicken, if marinated.
- Place chicken on preheated grid.
- Grill chicken 6 to 8 inches from heat 15 minutes, brushing frequently with sauce, if desired.
- Turn chicken over. Grill 15 minutes more or until chicken is tender and juices run clear, brushing frequently with sauce, if using.
Brushing chicken frequently with a
tasty sauce is a great way to add flavor.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Chicken Recipes: Chicken is a very versatile food that can take on a variety of different flavors and be used in all kinds of dishes. Find some suggestions on our Chicken Recipes page.
- Preparing Chicken: Learn some basic chicken preparation techniques in this article, including how to stuff a chicken, how to marinate chicken, and more.
- How to Cook Chicken: Get all the facts on cooking this popular poultry on our How to Cook Chicken page.
- Cooking Chicken: Cooking chicken can be a bit difficult because it's imperative that the meat is cooked all the way through. Gather helpful tips at HowStuffWorks.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.