How to Brown Chicken
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken pieces to hot oil in a single layer without crowding.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes per side or until chicken is browned; remove with tongs. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
Use tongs to avoid getting burned by spattering oil.
- Continue with your chicken recipe of choice, baking, braising, or simmering the chicken accordingly until it is no longer pink in center.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Chicken Recipes: Chicken is a very versatile food that can take on a variety of different flavors and be used in all kinds of dishes. Find some suggestions on our Chicken Recipes page.
- Grilling Chicken: Chicken on the grill is a less-mess and delicious way to prepare poultry. Find helpful tips on grilling chicken in this article.
- Preparing Chicken: Learn some basic chicken preparation techniques in this article, including how to stuff a chicken, how to marinate chicken, and more.
- Cooking Chicken: Cooking chicken can be a bit difficult because it's imperative that the meat is cooked all the way through. Gather helpful tips at HowStuffWorks.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.