- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat until foamy.
Be sure to melt butter over medium heat so it doesn't brown or burn.
- Add chicken to skillet in single layer; cook 6 to 8 minutes per side or until chicken is lightly browned.
- Cover; reduce heat to low.
- Cook 10 to 20 minutes, depending on type of chicken, or until chicken is tender and no longer pink in center.
Don't crowd the chicken in the pan.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Chicken Recipes: Chicken is a very versatile food that can take on a variety of different flavors and be used in all kinds of dishes. Find some suggestions on our Chicken Recipes page.
- Grilling Chicken: Chicken on the grill is a less-mess and delicious way to prepare poultry. Find helpful tips on grilling chicken in this article.
- Preparing Chicken: Learn some basic chicken preparation techniques in this article, including how to stuff a chicken, how to marinate chicken, and more.
- Cooking Chicken: Cooking chicken can be a bit difficult because it's imperative that the meat is cooked all the way through. Gather helpful tips at HowStuffWorks.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.