- Combine 2 eggs; 2 tablespoons milk, cream, or water; salt and black pepper to taste in a small bowl. Beat with a fork or wire whisk until completely blended.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter or margarine in a 7- to 8-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium to medium-low heat. Pour in the egg mixture.
- As the mixture begins to set, gently stir it with a wooden spoon or spatula, lifting the cooked portions and letting the uncooked egg flow underneath. Cook until the eggs are just set, but still moist-looking. Do not stir the eggs constantly.
Want more information? Try these:
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.
- Egg Recipes: Who knew there were so many different ways to prepare eggs? You'll find some delicious varieties on our Egg Recipes page.
- Breakfast Recipes: Start the morning off right with these scrumptious breakfast options.