- Beat 3 eggs, 1 tablespoon water, and salt and black pepper to taste with fork or wire whisk in small bowl.
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet; cook until eggs begin to set. Gently lift up sides of omelet with spatula to allow liquid to run under bottom of omelet.
Gently lift up sides of
omelet with spatula.
- When omelet is set, but not dry, and bottom is a light golden brown, remove from heat. Place filling over 1/2 of omelet. Gently fold omelet in half with spatula. Transfer to serving plate.
Want more information? Try these:
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.
- Egg Recipes: Who knew there were so many different ways to prepare eggs? You'll find some delicious varieties on our Egg Recipes page.
- Breakfast Recipes: Start the morning off right with these scrumptious breakfast options.