The following tips for roasting rack of lamb are based on two 6-rib racks of lamb loin chops, 21/2 to 3 pounds.
- Trim fat from racks of lamb with chef's knife on cutting board.
Trim fat from racks of lamb.
- Spread mustard evenly over meaty side of lamb with thin spatula. Pat a mixture of breadcrumbs and herbs evenly over mustard.
Pat breadcrumb mixture over mustard.
- Place lamb racks, crumb sides up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast in oven about 30 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into lamb, but not touching bone, registers 135°F for rare, or to desired doneness.
- Place lamb on carving board. Slice between ribs into individual chops with large carving knife.
Slice between ribs.
Find tips for roasting a bone-in ham on the next page.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- How to Carve Meat: Once you’ve prepared a succulent cut of meat, don’t ruin it by carving it poorly! Find helpful tips on carving all kinds of meat in this article.
- Meat Recipes: Since meat is often the focal point of a meal, you want to make sure it tastes the very best it can. The meat recipes in our collection are sure to inspire greatness.
- Grilling: Grilling isn't just for summertime barbecues anymore. Find out how to cook all your favorites on the grill, all year round.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.